Can I move out at age 15 in Tennessee?

Asked about 2 years ago - Milan, TN

My mom has five kids including me. She loves the other kids but.. not me. She always puts me down and hurts my feelings. She is never proud of me and I try so hard. My brother is fourteen and always threatens me. He is very violent and my mom never gets onto him he even said " I will slit your throat " I don't feel safe here. Please help.

1. Nathan Zale Dowlen

1

Answered . Unfortuneately, no. I recommemd you call DCS if you truly fear for your safety.

2. Jill Zerfoss Grim

Answered . If you fear for your safety, you should definitely talk to an adult you trust, such as a teacher or counselor at school, who then has a duty to report your concerns to the Dept of Children's Services for investigation. You could also call the Dept. of Childrens's Services office yourself and ask to speak to someone about your concerns.