Can I move out at age 15 in Tennessee?

Milan, TN |

My mom has five kids including me. She loves the other kids but.. not me. She always puts me down and hurts my feelings. She is never proud of me and I try so hard. My brother is fourteen and always threatens me. He is very violent and my mom never gets onto him he even said " I will slit your throat " I don't feel safe here. Please help.

Unfortuneately, no. I recommemd you call DCS if you truly fear for your safety.

Please note that my answering this question, does not, in any way, mean I represent you for this, or any other case. You need to seek that actual face-to-face advice of any attorney in your area who can further explain the law as it applies to your case.

If you fear for your safety, you should definitely talk to an adult you trust, such as a teacher or counselor at school, who then has a duty to report your concerns to the Dept of Children's Services for investigation. You could also call the Dept. of Childrens's Services office yourself and ask to speak to someone about your concerns.