Skip to main content

Can I move a Civil case from one court to another in same Jurisdiction?

Lake Worth, FL |

My ex whom is in prison filed for a divorce in Belle Glade, and I live an hour to an hour and half away. I wanted to know if I can have it moved closer to my home, and if so how? We have a son that has Disabilities, and I'm on call with the school constantly. Thank you.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You or your attorney can file a Motion for Change of Venue if there is a court closer to where you live. I suggest you consult a local Family Law attorney to discuss your case in greater detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck.