Can i marry when i have conditional green card from my last marriage which ends dec 2013 and i got divorced in july 2012

Mountain View, CA |

what would be visa complications if i marry a green card holder or citizen if i m still on conditional green card from my last marriage.

You can freely marry whoever you would like to. Immigration status of your future spouse is irrelevant. You may independently apply for removal of conditions on your residency based on bona fide nature of previous relationship.

You have to remove conditions to be able to stay beyond the two initial years.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

if in case waiver is rejected can i apply again on basis of status of my future husband or there is no idea of marriage if we live in different countries

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

I am confused of what you are asking. Sorry

i m asking if waiver will be rejected than i have to leave country n can i apply again for green card on basis of my marriage with green card holder or citizex

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

You can do that, but the waiver should not be rejected if the marriage was bona fide.

i have no proofs of common holdings,i did nt even ask for alimony..i was in love with him,i forgave him..i just have affidavits of neigbors n friends that i lived with him and my marriage ceremony video and pictures from india...no other proofs

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Than, you will not loose your waiver. Hire an experienced immigration attorney. You will be fine.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

then

Yes, you can marry. However, you will still need to file an I-751 waiver.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Yes, as your divorce is final. You must still remove the conditions on your card by proving to USCIS that the marriage through which you got the card was a valid marriage and not one to just get the card.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with my colleagues.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

Marriage and prenups topics