Can I marry my boyfriend, a US citizen, while on a tourist visa and apply for a change of status?

Asked 11 months ago - New York, NY

Does getting married in the USA while in a tourist visa harm the process of changing to a spouse visa?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

1

Answered . No, but you might be able to see adjustment if status.

2. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

2

Answered . Generally, one would be well advised to marry after 60 days of entry. What you said during your visa interview and to CBP upon entry is also relevant. The short answer is maybe -- talk it through with an attorney for a more precise answer.

Jeff Khurgel
    Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- Representing Clients in All 50 States
    Office (949) 509-6515
    Web www.khurgel.com
    Email info@khurgel.com

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Yes.

The Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has stated that "federal immigration laws are exceedingly complex"

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.