Can I marry a sex offender by proxy? Will my children be taken away from me even if he doesn't live with us?

Cisco, TX |

He is in prison for 2 years. When he gets out we won't even live together even though he will be off paper

So why bother getting married?

If your children are currently under the jurisdiction of a Texas Court you need to look at your order. It likely states that if you marry a sex offender you must inform the other conservator (per Section 153.076 the Texas Family Code).

You are likely looking to be under a microscope. The other conservatory will likely take you back to court. I cannot say whether your children will be taken away but why risk it. This offender will also have conditions regarding his release on parole that pertain to children.

The information provided is not advice but a legal perspective and you should schedule a consultation with the lawyer of your choice.

Marriage and prenups topics