Can i marry a F2 visa holder right after she divorce her F1?

Asked about 1 year ago - Indianapolis, IN

I am a H1B visa holder, I and the F2 visa holder fell in love with each other, and want to marry. The F2 and F1 have agree to divorce. My question is if I can marry the F2 right after she divorce the F1 while technically she's out of status. Will our marriage be considered valid in United states? Can she adjust her statu to H4 in U.S. or she has to go back to her country and apply a H4 visa and re-enter?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . You can immediate.y marry. Whether she can apply for COS in the US to H-4 will depend on how long she is out of status.

2. Sergey Vladimirovich Makarov

5

Answered . She is not out of status even technically until she divorces, if she wants to change her status without leaving the USA, make sure you marry her very soon (like the next day) and on the day of new marriage file the COS I-539.

3. John Grayson Davidson

Pro

3

1

Answered . Yes, you can marry her, and yes it will be valid in the US. Your last question requires more information to answer-- how long out of status?

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com
  4. Kristin D Figueroa-Contreras

3

Answered . How long would she have been out of status at the time of marriage?

5. Lalita Haran

2

Answered . Legality of your marriage will not be affected by the immigration status. You should file change of status ASAP. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St Ste 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com