Can i marry a 19 yearold if im 30 , in oder to get my green card.

Staten Island, NY |

i have a job and working on my OPT and we are an inter racial couple and living in NY

You can marry anyone you want so long as it's not illegal and it's a bona fide marriage. You'll have to prove to the government that it's a genuine marriage not entered into for the purpose of obtaining immigrant status.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

Sure you can. as long as a genuine marriage entered into for love and not merely to obtain green card benefits.

But I see some issues in this proposition. That is why I urge you to consult with a competent immigration lawyer in your area.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, but make sure you're marrying your fiancee for the right reasons and not to evade immigration laws. Your petition will likely be scrutinized.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.

Your question asks if you can marry in order to get a green card. You cannot marry anyone in order to get a green card only. A marriage with a large age gap and especially an interracial marriage will be scrutinized. Question is are you two going to be living together and sharing your finances?

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.