Can I make correction to my green card application after the approval.

Austin, TX |

My green card application was approved but it has some typos/mistakes. can I send correction to fix it or do I need to apply again.

1. You may contact USCIS Customer Service and ask for the card to be corrected.

Please be advised that my response above is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you any myself. You should NOT take action based solely upon this response. I have not conducted the complete inquiry into all the facts of your case which I would undertake if you had retained me to act as your attorney. Additional facts which we would discuss if you hired me to represent you may very well change the response I have provided above. I strongly recommend you talk to an attorney who is experienced in immigration law in order to receive advice specific to your case. All of the responses which I post on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and should be considered to be a form of advertisement.

2. It depends upon what typos. And USCIS may want new filing fee. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com

3. You can ask for a new card to be issued with the correct information. If you are the cause of the mistakes, prepare to pay a filing fe.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

4. Contact USCIS first and request them nicely to reissue the card with corrected data. If that does not work file a Form I-90 with filing fee and request the correction of your LPR card. Good luck.

Marriage and prenups topics