Can I make correction to my green card application after the approval.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Austin, TX

My green card application was approved but it has some typos/mistakes. can I send correction to fix it or do I need to apply again.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You may contact USCIS Customer Service and ask for the card to be corrected.

    Please be advised that my response above is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends upon what typos. And USCIS may want new filing fee. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174

  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact USCIS first and request them nicely to reissue the card with corrected data. If that does not work file a Form I-90 with filing fee and request the correction of your LPR card. Good luck.

  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can ask for a new card to be issued with the correct information. If you are the cause of the mistakes, prepare to pay a filing fe.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,386 answers this week

3,747 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,386 answers this week

3,747 attorneys answering