Skip to main content

Can i make changes in our agreement we made in mediation since he is not following some things agreed on

Bellflower, CA |

I want to remove his mom from supervising the visitations since she is a stranger to baby just like the father and since day 1 my mom has supervised his mom works but now she does, they take her without calming her down first or trying to win her my mom even heard him telling her to shut the f-up the first time my mom seen they didn't have her strapped in car seat so the second time she went n strapped her n seen the car seat was not strapped to car n car seat still had the setting of newborn, my mom has proposed to go to the park with them so she don't feel she is with strangers n that she will stay out of their way n he said no , he insults me in texts there is a restraining order on him, refuses to give me a contact number on our agreement it doesn't specify it ,he blocked n changed #s

on numerous occasions i have welcomed the mom to come to the house to visit the baby so the baby can get to know her and she never did when my mom was supervising the visitations she asked her to join in so the baby can get to know her when it would be time for the baby to go with them she wouldn't cry she only came around one time, so i'm not just asking for her to be removed because i have something against the lady i just don't see the interest, when my mother proposed to go to the park and my mom offered to be there far from distance just enough so baby can see her she agreed but when the son told her no she stood quiet and didn't speak anymore my mother refused to let the baby go if a contact number was not giving so they went to the park, i don't see her looking out for the interest of my daughter but instead for her son, he refuses to work to avoid child support instead he is using the excuse of going to school and the mom supports him on that she pays for everything cell phone, gas , food etc. ...

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You did not know what he was like before you bore his child? Just keep copies of the texts and try not to make this an issue, he probably leaves the child with hi mother anyways. and ask the court to order him to give you his phone number! If you remove her, who would you substitute? Get real, he is a bully and angry, let the little boy exhaust himself and maybe he will leave you alone.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

  2. I am assuming that there are supervised visits because of the existing restraining order. What puzzles me though is the fact that you seem to be using your mother to "supervise" your ex's mother on visitation. Absent some specific language to the contrary in a court order, I do not believe this is permissible even for supervised visitation. Moreover, if you are insisting that your mother be there to "monitor" visitations, YOU could in fact be violating a court order.

    If your primary concern is the environment and/or your child's unfamiliarity with either his father or paternal grandmother, then I would suggest going to court to seek professionally monitored visitation. This would eliminate the issue of the paternal grandmother and would also ensure a safe environment for your child to interact with her father. I would suggest contacting an experienced family law attorney to discuss your options further.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics