Can I make arrangements to pay off my child support obligation 6 months before my obligations end?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Alpharetta, GA

My daughter exits High School in one year, I'm moving out of the country 6 months before my daughter graduates. I'd like to know if I can pay off my child support obligations ahead of time and get the court to acknowledge that I have fulfilled this financial obligation. I am currently two months ahead in my payments.

1. Answered . Courts don't acknowledge payments of support.

You certainly can send payments early, but need to document, in something signed by BOTH parents, that you have paid money early, not made an extra gift in the current month.

2. Answered . sure you can just be sure to write on the check "this payment is for child support for the months of _________________" for example "child support for the months from June2013 through November 2013 "
    just plug in the correct dates ......... just be sure to pay by check .