Can I lose my license for letting an intoxicated person drive my car (with me drunk in the car)

Levittown, PA |

in PA if I allow a drunk person to drive my car (with me as an intoxicated passenger) and they crash the car and get a DUI, am I subject to lose my license for a year if that is the penalty for the driver?

No.

That is the way that it works in New Jersey. However, it is not liek that in Pennsylvania. I am guessing that is the reason that you ask.

No. Take it as a lesson that hiring a cab is usually a whole lot cheaper.

No however there are some other states that will charge you for this such as New Jersey.

In the event the intoxicated person is convicted of DUI, you will be subject to a drivers license suspension. You should consult with an attorney as there are also civil implications that must be considered.

Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

The controlling statute is 75PS1575. Permitting violation of title.

No you cannot. That is still not an ideal situation, taking a cab is much better.

No, you cannot lose your license for letting an intoxicated person drive your car. But you may be held liable for a civil lawsuit if the driver causes damages due to your negligence in letting him drive despite knowing that he was intoxicated.