Skip to main content

Can I legally stop someone from texting me or e-mailing me

Casselberry, FL |
Filed under: Family law

sends harassing e-mails regarding child support. I just had a baby and I am unable to work now. I give him a small amount of child support, even though he makes a great deal more than me

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Perhaps, depending upon the facts. There is a lot going on in your question, with hardly any facts given. The best thing to do is set up a free consultation with an attorney near you.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

  2. I would recommend you contact a local and experienced attorney to assess your situation and see what options you have, including a possible injunction.

    You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a divorce and family law firm located in Orlando, Florida. Communication through Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to our office until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

  3. you can possibly file a temporary restraining order for harassment. also possibly for stalking, i would read the petition and hire an attorney.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics