Can i legally put a lien on the house

Mccomb, MS |

i am renting a house, and a tree from a nieghbor's property fell and caused serious damage to the roof causing the house to be unlivable; niether party has insurance, I do handyman and repair services for residential property; the home owner is beginning to show signs of not fixing the house. I have been put out of my home for over two months; due to the suffering this problem has caused me, is it legal for me to use my own money and fix the home and request the deed of the house for payment?

No

I am only licensed in Mississippi. By answering this question, we have not entered into an attorney-client relationship nor am I your lawyer. The advice I give in this forum is general in nature and you should consult with an attorney privately before relying on any advice provided in this forum.

No, and I agree with the previous answer No

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.