Can I legally move out without consent at 18 in Alabama.

Talladega, AL |

I live in Alabama. I'm already 18. I'm 28 weeks pregnant, and I need to move out of my parents house. I plan to move in with my boyfriend who lives with his parents. And I wouldn't expect any financial help from my parents or even for them to let me keep my car. I know age of majority is 19. But I've read at 18 no matter what your legally an adult. Since I'm an adult I can move out. And cannot be reported as runaway.

The age of majority in Alabama is 19. So your parents could object to your moving.

if your parents will not consent, look into emancipation try legal aid

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody