Can I legally break my commercial lease in Colorado do to lack of repairs to commen facilities (

Greeley, CO |

the Elevator is is not working and was shut down by the fire department due to a intrapment and has not been repaired for over a month. the lighting in the common hallways and stair wells are not working. we have 3 years and 10mounths on a 4 year lease have asked the landlord to do repairs and still has not

It may be possible to get out of the lease. I regularly handle these types of disputes, and it depends on how your lease is written, whether the landlord is reasonably addressing the repair items, impact on your business, use and enjoyment of the space, etc. You need to be thorough up front to hopefully avoid, but certainly prevail in, a lease default lawsuit brought by the landlord.

thank you for you help

You need to meet with a landlord/tenant attorney and bring the lease for them to review. You might have a breach of implied warrant of fitness for particular purpose, a breach of implied warranty of habitability, or a breach of the actual lease agreement.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant