Can I leave the USA?

Dallas, TX |

My current status for I-765 and I-131 forms is :Card/Document Production. I have no idea what is my status concerning I-485 form. I want to leave the USA for about 5 months but I don't know whether USCIS will invite me for an interview and if they do that before I to return what will happen? The other question is how to obtain information to travel or to wait for decision about I-485.

1. You'll likely get the Advance Parol Travel document within a week or two. But if I were you, I wouldn't leave the US for such an extended period prior to have obtained my green card. Am afraid you'll be (very) sorry if you do.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. If the question is: may I leave the USA temporary to return in five months, the answer is probably not.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.