Can I leave the USA?

Asked about 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

My current status for I-765 and I-131 forms is :Card/Document Production. I have no idea what is my status concerning I-485 form. I want to leave the USA for about 5 months but I don't know whether USCIS will invite me for an interview and if they do that before I to return what will happen? The other question is how to obtain information to travel or to wait for decision about I-485.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . You'll likely get the Advance Parol Travel document within a week or two. But if I were you, I wouldn't leave the US for such an extended period prior to have obtained my green card. Am afraid you'll be (very) sorry if you do.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

5

1

Answered . If the question is: may I leave the USA temporary to return in five months, the answer is probably not.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.