Can i leave the US for 3weeks while on Conditional Green Card without my Spouse?

I received my Conditional Green Card this April 2013. I was out of status for 4 years until my husband petitioned me. I was planning to visit my country this Christmas 2013 but my US Citizen husband cannot travel with me because he cannot get a leave of absense from work and he just wanted me to save the money. I am planning to visit my country for only 3-4weeks. My question is, is it okay to leave the US for a couple of weeks while on a conditional GC status, eventhough my husband cannot come with me? Will the immigration question me? And what documents do i need to show to prove that I am returning from just a short visit? Please advice. Thank you.

1. Yes. Why wouldn't you?

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Yes.
    They always question anyone entering the country.
    Your passport, Green Card, boarding passes.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

3. There is no requirement that your spouse join you on every international trip.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Marriage and prenups topics