Can i leave the US after biometric has done for re-entry permit? Does re-entry permit require a Exit stamp while leaving the US?

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Re-entry permit

I am a US permanent resident. Recently I have applied for a re-entry permit. I have already attended my biometric appointment. Since I have asked the USCIS to send my re-entry permit to my home address in the US, could you please let me know if I can leave the US while my case is still pending and someone in the US mail the re-entry permit to me upon receiving it?

1. Yes, you can do that. The question becomes, should you do it? There is a risk you must assume.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com

2. Yes, you can leave ... but it is not a good idea.

Also, once the permit is issued, even though it is good for 2 years, try to not stay out of the US for more than 6 months at at time.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. Yes, but it is best to wait for the re-entry permit.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.