Can I leave the u.s. on felony unsupervised probation without notifying my PO. I hope to be back before he finds out.

Douglasville, GA |

I am currently out on bond and my probation hasn't found out so I'm afraid if I call for permission they will find out

I have both a us and british passport.

Nope. When you book the ticket they will likely run your criminal history, find that you are on probation, and refuse to let you leave the country without a travel permit from your probation officer.

That's how it's supposed to work, at least.

↓ Mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it. For more information, contact us at www.SteakleyLawFirm.com or (404) 835-7595. The initial consultation is always free for Avvo users.

I recently travelled within the states on an airline with no issue. Maybe I got lucky

John Arnold Steakley

John Arnold Steakley

There are several places where the "ball gets dropped" and things that are supposed to happen don't necessarily happen.

I know that it seems tempting to travel outside the country, however, you need to think long term. Douglas County is very hard on probationers and as you may know the District Attorney's Office is very tough there. Don't risk your freedom over a trip. What was you arrested for? Early termination may be possible if you don't owe restitution.

http://www.danielsdelacruz.com/

Harry Martina Daniels Jr.

Harry Martina Daniels Jr.

Of course assuming you are on probation in Douglas County

I am on probation in carrol county. I was arrested in douglas county while on probation in carrol but they never put a hold on me. That's why I would assume early termination may not be possible bc they may violate me for my arrest in douglas. I was arrested in carrol county for possession of a cs

My probation in carrol ends on oct 26th