Can I leave the state of Michigan at 17 years old without parental permission since I am not considered a minor?

Rockford, MI |

1. If you are an emancipated minor (which you would have gone through a court process to become) yes. Otherwise, you are still considered a minor and are under your parents rule. I wish you luck!

The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.

2. You are a minor until you turn 18 years old. Until then, unless you file and go through the Court process for emancipation, you can not leave without parental permission.

***Answering legal questions is a complex matter and cannot be done without further research. My answer here is based solely on the information given in the question and should be taken as informational only. This is not legal advice. My answer here does not indicate that I represent you now, or that I will represent you at a later time. I take clients on a case-by-case basis, and only after initial consultations. ***