Can I leave state before my plea hearing for a B Misdemeanor?

Rochester, IN |

I am currently going through the court process for a battary mis. but have a vacation planned. I know i am eventually getting put on probation but have not had my plea hearing yet. Can I leave state before the hearing since Im not technically on probation yet?

1. If you were bonded out of jail by a bail bond agency, check with them to see if there are restrictions on travel based on your agreement with them.
    If not, if you have not received anything from the Court indicating you may not leave the state, you are likely free to travel.
    Once you are placed on probation, you must seek approval from your probation officer to leave the state.

2. If there are no restrictions contrary on the terms of your bond, you may leave the state. Check with your attorney to be sure.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..