Can I lawfully be given a ticket for running a red light from a non-traffic camera 19 days after an accident in Florida?

Brandon, FL |

I was in an accident where I had a light that had just turned green as I was going through someone ran their red light speeding and t-boned the back of my car. There was a 3rd party witness that saw her run it. There were no skid marks and the police wrote her a ticket and told me it wasn't my fault from the evidence. The other driver got a poor quality security camera off a nearby building that takes pictures every few seconds. She threated me and the cops at the scene with a law suit and formal complaint. Based on this the Sargent reversed everything and mailed me a ticket 19 days after the accident. Is this legal in Florida? Aren't there rules for issuing traffic tickets? Also the camera footage shows I had the green light but they are saying I didn't how can I fight this?

1. You defiantly need a lawyer to help.
    The answer is no. Not typical shouldn't have happened.
    Call Jason Reid in Bradenton. 1-800-law-5655

2. Hire an attorney. Fight it. Sounds like some poor law enforcement but an attorney will need to review everything. Get on it before 30 days is up.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-377-6828. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

3. Get an attorney on this immediately. You can request a hearing and just show the video to the judge.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

4. You may only have 30 days to request a hearing. Be careful to read the instructions on your citation and be mindful of the time factor. Good luck.