Can I kick my girlfriend out of my house?

Appleton, WI |

My girlfriend has been living with me for two years. We broke up and now she won't leave. We do have a child together that we have joint custody of. Can I just give her verbal warning to get out and change the locks. She has never paid anything to live there.

1. I just want to be clear, You're asking for free information about how to kick the mother of your children onto the street. Do I have that right?

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE CAN THANK ATTORNEY MEMMEN BY MARKING IT “BEST ANSWER” or “HELPFUL.” Mr Memmen is donating his time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. THIS IS NOT A CONSULTATION and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. Alexander Memmen recommends that you always consult – in person – with a local attorney before taking any action.

Landlord-tenant topics