Can i keep my name out of the news paper blotter

Fresno, CA |

i got a dui and do not want it in the news paper

Your arrest and court case is public record. I suppose you could always try and get a court order, but good luck with that.

Public Records are tough. It may depend on your local beat writer or editor. Consider a personal visit if you can persuade to not include your name.

It hits home, too.

US Mail Privacy Warning: Some Attorneys Mail You "DUI" Mail After Your Arrest!

You may be feeling a little down. It usually gets more depressing when you see your mail.

Don't want persons living at your home to know you were arrested? Hurry home.

Why? Attorneys send "Jail Mail."

A large number of questionable lawyers pay $ to your arresting agency for your name and address. They solicit you with outdated, invasive, and unreliable "DUI" letters. Like vultures, they descend on your residence within days.

Your mailbox gets filled with embarrassing words printed on the envelopes:

"DUI" "Drunk Driving" "Arrested" "Former Prosecutor" "Court-related "
"DMV" "Legal Advertisement" "Urgent" "Law Offices" "Attorney"

If you are looking for a cheap lawyer, you may want to read some Junk Mail. (Coupons & rebates are enclosed in some letters.)

If you got a DUI in Fresno, the Fresno Bee does not report them, unless, of course, your a public figure. The arrest information is, however, public information, which can be accessed. If all your worried about is the newspaper, it's not likely it will be reported.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI