Can I keep my ex-husband's last name even if I remarry?

San Carlos, AZ |

Ok to keep my ex-husband's last name even if I remarry?

1. Yes.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

2. Of course if that is your name now.

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS INTENDED AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. IT IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE RELIED UPON AS SUCH, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. IF YOU HAVE A LEGAL QUESTION, CONSULT WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY.

3. There is no law that requires you to change your name upon marriage.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.