Can I join the navy if I just got a misdemeanor DUI?

Can I join the Navy if I just got a misdemeanor DUI? I am just wondering if it will be hard for me to get into the Navy or the military with a DUI. Will they accept me with a DUI misdemeanor? Do I need a lawyer for a misdemeanor DUI?

Hello there,

Yes, eventually you can join the Navy. However, the Navy will want you to have resolved your criminal charge first.

So, you either can try the charge and hopefully obtain a not guilty verdict or you can accept a plea and do a short period of time and get the charge behind you and go off to the Navy.

I've had many clients in this same position so you need to get this taken care of asap.

Erick Platten

Yes, you should have an attorney help you figure out your misdemeanor DUI case in Los Angeles.

Will you get into the navy with a DUI? I am not certain if you just were arrested or plead guilty to a DUI. Yes, you can join the military but they will not accept you if you are on any form of probation. Once your probation is terminated you can apply. You can request an early termination of probation but you will typically have to serve half the probation period for the misdemeanor DUI in CA.

The answer to your question is yes, get an attorney to help you through this. I am not certain if you just received the DUI or already pled.

You cannot join the military with a DUI and are on probation. If you are on probation in CA you usually have to wait at least 1 1/2 years to 2 years to seek an early termination of your probation. The Navy would accept you then, after you have served your probation period for misdemeanor DUI.

Military law topics