Can I hire an attorney to get the DA to prosecute a Bigamous marriage coupled with Immigration Marriage Fraud and Identity Theft

Asked 8 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

My ex spouse was married to her previous husband while still married to me, so our marriage was annulled based on Bigamy. But her Bigamous marriage was used to commit Immigration Marriage Fraud coupled with Identity Theft. Because this crime paid her very well she intends to do it again. To stop her from victimizing more people I have tried reporting the crime to ICE but to no avail. The local DA also does not seem very interested either. Can I hire an attorney to help in this case, at the least to get the DA to prosecute the case.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . No. You can report to the DA . DA will make the decision whether to go forward.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . You can do whatever you want but any attorney who will agree to take on such a case will not get very far and certainly will not be able to successfully pressure or compel the DA's office to prosecute, let alone be interested in even opening an investigation in this case.

3. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

Answered . You can hire an attorney to advocate with the appropriate prosecuting agency in favor of prosecution. But that may be a financial flyer. Prosecutors don't often pay any attention to that kind of advocacy unless they are already interested in the case and need investigative assistance. Doesn't seem like that's what you've got.

4. Maria J. Marty

4

Answered . Its not up to you once you have reported the crime.