Can I hire an attorney for wrongful termination from CTA? I was wrongfully charged with being AWOL by my ex-foreman.

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

My ex-foreman claims that I did not call him on the four days I had to call off work due to my asthma and high blood pressure. Unfortunately at the time, I was out of my medications and had to wait for an appointment to see a primary care physician. I could not afford a doctor before I started my employment, and my health care coverage had not begun with CTA. The foreman was well aware of this, yet he still made out a report that I NEVER called in sick on any of the four days to let him know that I could not report to work. Normal procedure, during administrative hearings, phone records are to be checked. The Maintenance Director's manager refused to check those records, which would have prevented this situation. Please help me, or at least point me in the right way to someone who can.

1. Answered . I don't see a wrongful termination claim here. You MIGHT have a defamation claim against the supervisor, but I doubt it. I recommend you look for new employment.