Skip to main content

Can I hire an attorney for wrongful termination from CTA? I was wrongfully charged with being AWOL by my ex-foreman.

Chicago, IL |

My ex-foreman claims that I did not call him on the four days I had to call off work due to my asthma and high blood pressure. Unfortunately at the time, I was out of my medications and had to wait for an appointment to see a primary care physician. I could not afford a doctor before I started my employment, and my health care coverage had not begun with CTA. The foreman was well aware of this, yet he still made out a report that I NEVER called in sick on any of the four days to let him know that I could not report to work. Normal procedure, during administrative hearings, phone records are to be checked. The Maintenance Director's manager refused to check those records, which would have prevented this situation. Please help me, or at least point me in the right way to someone who can.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I don't see a wrongful termination claim here. You MIGHT have a defamation claim against the supervisor, but I doubt it. I recommend you look for new employment.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE CAN THANK ATTORNEY MEMMEN BY MARKING IT “BEST ANSWER” or “HELPFUL.” Mr Memmen is donating his time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. THIS IS NOT A CONSULTATION and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. Alexander Memmen recommends that you always consult – in person – with a local attorney before taking any action.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer