Can I hire a lawyer to get my husband a bond after he was denied a bond in VOP court because of a pending drug charge?

Asked about 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

he has a pending felony so he could not get a bond but I need him home I'm willing to do whatever it takes

1. William Lawrence Welch III

2

Answered . Yes, but no one can guarantee that he will be released. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

2. Daniel J Wright

1

Answered . You can always seek a bond, but it is very unlikely in the scenario you have described that the Court would reconsider and grant one.

3. Matthew Steven Farr

1

Answered . Have you talked to your husband's lawyer about this matter? Public defender?
    If not, immediately seek a consultation with a criminal attorney.

4. Shawn P Hrotic

1

Answered . You can hire a lawyer for the sole purpose of filing for a bond review, as most attorneys will quote a smaller flat fee for that limited purpose. Keep in mind that there is zero guarantee of success, even if a bond hearing is granted. This is especially true with VOP's. Judges consider probation a gift and don't take kindly to seeing someone back in court for a violation. Consult a criminal attorney asap.