Can I hire a lawyer to get a gay prostitute arrested? Assuming reporting to captain does not work.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

It seems that police just ignore these people in the city as most of these prostitutes are using internet to get business. Usually will it work when reporting to police?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

1

Answered . You can hire a lawyer to try but there are no guarantees.

2. John M. Cromwell

Pro

2

Answered . You can try but don't be surprised if nothing happens. This is not the highest priority and how would a case be made out?

3. Michael R Crosner

2

Answered . Lawyers do not arrest people, the police do. You have done the right thing by seeking assistance from the police just follow with them.

4. John J. Carney

Pro

Answered . An attorney can help you talk to the police, monitor their response, advise you and even go to the poilce station with you but the police may not take action unless they are willing to stake out the neighborhood to make sting operation arrests, which take time and effort that only the Captain or vice can authorize. If the are loitering on your business property or using drugs you can make an anonymous call as well, or leave your name.Almost any lawyer here on Avvo would help you for $300 an hour and it might only take a few hours if that is what you want.