Can I hire a friend to paint my house.He is not a licensed painter.

Key West, FL |

Local code enforcement shut the job down.I have a painting permit.

" I was accused of aiding and abetting unlicensed contractor. "

The State of Florida does not require a license for painting contractors. However, Monroe County, which I assume is where you are from, does require painters to have a license. I briefly looked over the sections in the Monroe County Code of Ordinances that deal with buildings and construction, and it appears that you will need to hire a licensed painter to do the work on your house.

This answer is for informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. There may be relevant facts not included in the question that could change this answer. For specific advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

F.S. ch. 489 .Would this be applicable as an exemption ? (7)(a) Owners of property when acting as their own contractor and providing direct, onsite supervision themselves of all work not performed by licensed contractors: