Can I help my husband get his green card if he was cought by imigration 2 times in 2004 ...

Asked about 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

I now we don't exactly know if the reform is passing .... But will it be easier if we just file know .. Or we wait till it passes ... He has no criminal record no DUI ...

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . He may be subject to the permanent bar. See an immigration attorney before you decide whether to sponsor him for a green card.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Caught by immigration two times? You have to hire an experienced attorney.

3. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

4

Answered . Whether he is eligible for immigration benefits depends on exactly what happened in 2004. An attorney would need to ask you questions to determine whether: 1) he was removed vs. returned, 2) he is 245i, 3) hardship exists for an I-601A waiver, among other things. You would be best advised to make an appointment with an ethical and competent immigration attorney (not a consultant or notario). Best of luck.

4. Angela Teide Moore

4

Answered . Your question is not very clear. It depends on what you mean by caught 2 times. If you mean that he was deported and he returned illegally again then you may have a very tough journey ahead of you. No one can tell you for sure until you talk with an attorney and give her the paperwork and information.