Can I help my EWI mother fix her citizinship here in the US without the need to go through NVC processing in CD Juarez?

Asked about 2 years ago - Corona, CA

I am currently 25yrs old and have petitioned for my mother who EWI back in 85",she has never left the US and although my petition I-130 was approved about 2 months ago and now recently received the NVC paperwork I am weary as to push forward with the NVC as I heard that if she is to leave for the CD Jaurez interview she may face the 3/10 yr. ban. However I am informed that there is a waiver holding approval at USCIS known as the I-601A 'Extreme Hardship" that if approved can allow me to go ahead and pay the I-601 fee along with the 'Letter of Extreme Hardship' to a local Lockbox here in US without the need of her having to leave. I believe I can qualify as I have a sick sister who was born with medical conditions and my father was clinically diagnosed with depression.Any info appreciated.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . You would be foolish to attempt to file this on your own or even more foolish to have a "notario" or another "paper filler" assist you with the waiver or any other complicated immigration process such as this. You need to retain the services of an experienced immigration attorney. I will be more than happy to assist you in this laborious process.

2. Robert Edward Myers

5

Answered . I agree that you should meet with an attorney but be prepared to hear that your mom may not be able to file for a waiver. She would need her spouse or parent in the US legally and have them suffer extreme hardship as a child does not count for the waiver she is going to need.

3. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . Only if she qualifies for 245(i).

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

4. Natalia Polukhtin

5

Answered . If you do not want to harm your mother's case, please do not send her to Juarez with a self-prepared waiver. First of all, it is not quite evident from the facts you are giving to us that you mother is eligible to apply for a waiver (leave along getting an approval). You are running a great risk of sending her to Juarez just to learn that no waiver is available in her case.
    Second, even if your mother has a qualifying relative (which would be either her spouse or her parent), the new provisional waiver application process is not in effect yet.