Can I have my record cleared sooner?

Asked over 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

I've been convicted misdemeanor. The court order is 6-month probation, community service, classroom, and court fee. I've done everything but just done 3 months of probation. Can I ask for clearing my record sooner or I have to wait until accomplishing 6 months?
Thank you for answering my question.

1. Mark A. Broughton

Pro

5

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, tou can ask the judge for an early termination of your probation under these circumstances. There is no guarantee that your request will be granted because part of the reason for probation's that you remain law-abiding for a specific period of time. The fact that you have hastened your probationary obligations bodes well for you. Good luck!

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

1

Answered . Yes you can certainly go to court and request an early termination of your probation. Because the length of your probation was fairly short- 6 months- the court may refuse.

3. James H. Dippery Jr

Pro

1

1

Answered . I agree with the other answers. Six months is a very short time for probation, and it is a very short time as well for demonstrating what probation is supposedly all about -- Proving that you have 'learned your lesson and won't offend again.' You can try to get expungment early, but I doubt the court will agree. Perhaps it would be best to wait out the six months and then file.

Best wishes for future success.

4. Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Pro

1

Answered . You can try. However, given that probation is such a short six months the court may not grant it.