Skip to main content

Can I have my ex charged with custodial interference?

Freeport, IL |

I filed for joint custody to see my child. if she doesn't allow me to see my child from now until
Our court date, can she be charged? Fyi: we weren't married.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    She is only required to do as any previous order (temp/permanent) instructed. She can only interfere with visitation of an order that is put in place. And to answer your question, no, she couldn't be "charged" as in arrested. But if she is in violation of a court order then certainly motions can be filed etc to let the Judge know of that interference.

    Communication with an attorney does not by itself create an attorney/client relationship or constitute provision or receipt of legal advice. Any communication with an attorney should be considered informational use only, and should not be relied upon or acted upon until a formal attorney/client relationship is established via a written agreement.

  2. If there is no court order for visitation then she is violating anything. Has paternity even been established yet? You need to consult with your lawyer or get a lawyer.

    IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

  3. no she cannot.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics