Can I have my case re opened after 40 years? Did three years for involuntary manslaughter which I did not commit.

Asked over 1 year ago - Wildwood, FL

Was convicted of the murder of my two month old daughter. Was not guilty. No one would believe me, I was the wife of a black man in a small town.

1. Michael George Nichola

1

Best Answer

Answered . While I agree a pardon may be more appropriate, I suspect there is something you may have learned recently and you believe the new evidence will exonerate you, so you should find a lawyer with whom you may have a confidential consultation about this.

2. George C. Mangrum

1

Answered . No sorry its too late to reopen the case. If you have not been in any trouble since you can apply for a pardon. A pardon would forgive the crime and restore all of your civil rights, like the right to vote and serve on a jury.

3. Larry Thomas McMillan

Answered . Unfortunate story, but there is nothing that can be done on your case.