Skip to main content

Can I have my case re opened after 40 years? Did three years for involuntary manslaughter which I did not commit.

Wildwood, FL |

Was convicted of the murder of my two month old daughter. Was not guilty. No one would believe me, I was the wife of a black man in a small town.

Attorney Answers 3


While I agree a pardon may be more appropriate, I suspect there is something you may have learned recently and you believe the new evidence will exonerate you, so you should find a lawyer with whom you may have a confidential consultation about this.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


Unfortunate story, but there is nothing that can be done on your case.

Mark as helpful

1 comment



Can it legally disqualify me from a school district position?


No sorry its too late to reopen the case. If you have not been in any trouble since you can apply for a pardon. A pardon would forgive the crime and restore all of your civil rights, like the right to vote and serve on a jury.

For more information or to set up a free initial consultation contact the Mangrum Law Firm at 407-349-7474. This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship. It is offered for informational purposes only. Please consult with a licensed attorney before making any legal decisions.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics