Can I have my arraignment reschedule if I dont have an attorney yet in Lawrenceville GA

Asked about 4 years ago - Lawrenceville, GA

My arraignment is on a future date, but I won't have an attorney by then. How can I get it pushed back a few weeks so I can obtain an attorney?

1. Jessica Ruth Towne

Pro

2

1

Answered . The court wants you to have an attorney. First, go to the court clerk ahead of time and ask for a new court date. They may just do it for you right away. If not, go on your arraignment date and tell the judge you need more time to hire an attorney. They ought to give you more time, then hire an attorney and let the attorney take it from there.

2. Sam Louis Levine

1

Answered . Any experienced criminal defense attorney you hire should be able to get the hearing moved to a later date so that your attorney would be with you at the arraignment hearing, which is a critical stage of the proceedings