Can I have charges pressed on me for a threat over the cell phone two months ago. I was upset and can't even remember it.

Asked 10 months ago - Du Bois, PA

I got a letter today from my uncle that stated if I didn't pay him his money that I borrowed in 1998. (statue of limitations in Pa is 4 years to collect a debt) He said he was getting the cell records and pressing charges against me. Sounds like extortion to me but I am not a Lawyer.

1. Charles Laputka

Pro

6

1

Answered . Sounds like nonsense to me. Get a lawyer to write him a letter to cease and desist.

2. Andrea E. Mertz

Pro

6

1

Answered . Thevstatute if limitations for terroristic threats is two years, so, he can attempt to persuade police to file charges. This does appear to be extortion. If you are charged, get an attorney or apply for public defense and tell this attorney about the "deal" uncle has contrived.

3. Robert C. Keller

6

Answered . You should retain an attorney immediately and let them handle everything for you.

4. William Ray Pelger

3

Answered . doubtful...

5. W. Wayne Punshon

1

Answered . I woul think he's goind to the police to file complaint about aTerroristic Threat that was made 2 months before and the antipathy arose out of an aegument over a family debt?? Just becauses he "pressed charges" does not mean the police will file charges. An attorney may be needed so cooler heads prevail.