Can i have a phone consultation with a civil rights lawyer?what kind of hate speech is not protected by first amendment

Asked over 1 year ago - Floral Park, NY

i know speech that condones violence but i need to discuss my matter

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . Do you have a pending criminal case?

2. James M Henderson Sr.

Answered . You should seek a free consultation with one or more local attorneys to develop the issues.

As a general matter, however, the right to freedom of speech provides robust protection to unwelcome speech, even if it makes us uncomfortable. Speech that decries the race, nationality, sex, religion or such of another, although thoughtless, unkind, rude or the like, generally enjoys broach protection.

Exceptions exist that may apply to your case, but you have not provided any detail to allow nuanced analysis.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Call your state or county bar association and request referral to a civil rights attorney.