Can i have a lawyer just for the dmv hearing and if so how much will i be charged?

West Covina, CA |

i want a lawyer for the dmv hearing but not the court hearing i want to know if that is possible?

Yes, of course. Consult with a DUI attorney; they will have experience with DMV hearings. I hope you are planning to at least apply for the public defender to handle your court case?

Yes, you would need to call around.

Feel free to call me to discuss

310-935-3100

Yes, but whether or not you get a private lawyer or a public defender, you SHOULD have a lawyer for the criminal court process as well. In fact, not having a lawyer for your criminal case might hurt your DMV hearing which could make the DMV hearing a waste of time. Feel free to ask more questions on the phone at 818-500-0678.

Yes that is possible I would call a number of attorneys to compare Services
and fees

That is absolutely possible. Though it depends on the attorney how much they charge. Usually it is better to have the same lawyer handle both cases since much I the prep work for a dmv hearing will transfer to the court case well, include investigation if the case and cross-examination of the officer or lab analyst.

Some lawyers will only take a case if doing both, most, however, would be fine with splitting the two cases if that is what you wish to do. Contact some DUI attorneys from Avvo.com or look on the CA DUI Lawyers association site to find some.

Contact a few to consult with and get fee information. I would suggest you strongly consider the overall value and experience of the lawyer you wish to hire, and not just fees. That way, you can ensure you hire someone whom you believe will give you the best chance.

Any information provided through Avvo.com in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

Michael Jon Fremont

Michael Jon Fremont

I agree with mathew that it's better to have one attorney do the court and the dmv

You can absolutely get a lawyer solely for the DMV hearing if that is what you want. I would recommend calling around to see if someone can represent you for both hearings for a reasonable price though. I would not represent yourself during the court hearing if I were you. My office is in Diamond Bar and I would be more than willing to discuss your case with you in further detail for no cost. However you proceed i wish you luck!

William Blasser

(909) 843-6363