Can I have a lawyer investigate a possible state fraud issue with child support?

My child support case is complicated. I have an intergovernmental case with Indiana and Arizona, as I lived in Az at the time. I now live in TN, and have been trying to get my case transferred here, and AZ/IN both are giving me the run-around. My monthly payment is supposed to be 60/ per week, but I have been told 3-4 separate totals for the order and am refused my order even before I had moved out of state. This is ridiculous, as it is IMPOSSIBLE to raise a child on 112/monthly. Especially one with minor issues that need extra care. I need to know what I can do as I am over the bull from states lying to me. I already asked about a modification that AZ said yes to and never did....

Knoxville, TN -

Attorney Answers (2)

David Craig Lee

David Craig Lee

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Knoxville, TN

You need to simply this matter by (1) organizing all the orders, letters, and documents, and (2) you need to hire a lawyer to further simply the case.

Based upon what you've written here, I don't perceive the fraud you're referring to. To me, it sounds like bureaucracy.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO... more
Patti Jon Burton Garner

Patti Jon Burton Garner

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Gallatin, TN

Unfortunately, this sounds like intergovernmental bureaucracy....

If you find this answer helpful, please let other readers know by marking the answer as "helpful". No... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.