Can I have a docotor pay for my medical bill for refusing to see my wife after calling them twice to schedule an appointment?

Asked about 2 years ago - Campbell, CA

My wife had mastitis with abscess. We tried scheduling with our OB on 2 seperate days after feeling that something was wrong. They said with no fever they were not going to see us. We went to our general doctor instead. My wife needed surgery to remove the abscess. Would want the OB to pay for the surgery, is this possible?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . No, there is no actionable medical malpractice based on the description of events you describe. However, I would certainly file a complaint with the appropriate State agency that oversees licensing of medical doctors in California.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,486 answers this week

3,392 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,486 answers this week

3,392 attorneys answering