Can i hand deliver the rebuttal to Notice of Intent to deny?

Brooklyn, NY |

Can i hand deliver the rebuttal to Notice of Intent to deny my I-130 directly to the field office. They mailed it on 20th of last month but i received 15 days later in the mail. It is said in the Notice that i have 33 days to respond. On Monday the 22nd it will be 33 days, so can i hand deliver it directly to the field office and get a receipt since it will be the last day and if i send it by mail it will go over 33 days. Thanks in advance for any help.

No. Use overnight Fed Ex.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Do both, If you'd like.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

Yes but why? You are running too close to the deadline?

Recommended articles about Immigration