Can I grow, posses, use, Medical Marihuana on a college campus, which I live in an apartments on campus and a valid MMMP?

Asked over 1 year ago - Kalamazoo, MI

Ok I know the MMMA states that marihuana cannot be gown, used, or possessed on school grounds. But as I was doing research I see that section 7 of the MMMA states as followed; "Possess marihuana, or otherwise engage in the medical use of marihuana:

(A) in a school bus;

(B) on the grounds of any preschool or primary or secondary school; or

(C) in any correctional facility."

So with that being said, I feel that there is no law against the use, possesion, or growth of marihuana by a legal michigan medical marihuana patient. Am I correct or just missing something? Thnak you for your feedback.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Christine C McCall


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I will leave to the MI attorneys any comment about the meaning of limits of MI marijuana law. Be clear however that the university can absolutely adopt polices and regulations about on-campus activity that are more restrictive than state law. It is probably legal in your state to jump out of a plane in a parachute, but just try doing it onto campus.

    No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,190 answers this week

2,419 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,190 answers this week

2,419 attorneys answering