Can I grow, posses, use, Medical Marihuana on a college campus, which I live in an apartments on campus and a valid MMMP?

Kalamazoo, MI |

Ok I know the MMMA states that marihuana cannot be gown, used, or possessed on school grounds. But as I was doing research I see that section 7 of the MMMA states as followed; "Possess marihuana, or otherwise engage in the medical use of marihuana:

(A) in a school bus;

(B) on the grounds of any preschool or primary or secondary school; or

(C) in any correctional facility."

So with that being said, I feel that there is no law against the use, possesion, or growth of marihuana by a legal michigan medical marihuana patient. Am I correct or just missing something? Thnak you for your feedback.

I will leave to the MI attorneys any comment about the meaning of limits of MI marijuana law. Be clear however that the university can absolutely adopt polices and regulations about on-campus activity that are more restrictive than state law. It is probably legal in your state to jump out of a plane in a parachute, but just try doing it onto campus.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

State, local, and municipal law topics

Recommended articles about State, local, and municipal law