Can I go to the Police Academy and get hire after graduation if I just got a DUI?

Vacaville, CA |

I was sleeping in my car and I got a DUI.I was enrolled in Police Academy and I had to cancel.I went two days in jale,enrolled to DUI class and I will be done with in January.Planing to sign up again in April but I need to know if I can get a job after graduation because of the three years summary probation.
Thank you.

1. You need to contact the agency you're applying to. Each agency is different. And might I suggest you work on your sentence structure and spelling - it's important for report writing. Good luck.

2. You must contact the personnel department of each agency for which you are applying. They will certainly do a background check and find the arrest and conviction. Each agency has it's own requirements and standards. I doubt however, that, if you are on court probation, you will be accepted.

3. Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely you would be accepted by any police agency while on probation. In fact, having a DUI conviction on your record will either close the door completely or make you wait a number of years before they'd even consider you.

DUI topics