Can I go to the Police Academy and get hire after graduation if I just got a DUI?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Vacaville, CA

I was sleeping in my car and I got a DUI.I was enrolled in Police Academy and I had to cancel.I went two days in jale,enrolled to DUI class and I will be done with in January.Planing to sign up again in April but I need to know if I can get a job after graduation because of the three years summary probation.
Thank you.

1. Paul Samuel Geller

Pro

Answered . You need to contact the agency you're applying to. Each agency is different. And might I suggest you work on your sentence structure and spelling - it's important for report writing. Good luck.

2. Lynn Gorelick

Answered . You must contact the personnel department of each agency for which you are applying. They will certainly do a background check and find the arrest and conviction. Each agency has it's own requirements and standards. I doubt however, that, if you are on court probation, you will be accepted.

3. Joseph Briscoe Dane

Pro

Answered . Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely you would be accepted by any police agency while on probation. In fact, having a DUI conviction on your record will either close the door completely or make you wait a number of years before they'd even consider you.