Can I go to jail for missing probation appointment?

Chambersburg, PA |

I missed an appointment with my probation officer because a) I misunderstood when he told me to come, I thought it was next week but in actuality it was this week and b) I have been working long hours that I slept right up until I was due to go to work that even if I had made it to my appointment I would have been late for work. I don't remember missing any other appointments, and I'm current on my fines. The only thing he could violate me on was speeding tickets, and I talked with him about those earlier in the week. What are the chances I'm going to jail?

1. It is suggested that you contact the attorney who represented you in your case. The attorney will have the most information about you and the case. The attorney can call the PO and attempt to smooth things out. Good luck.

2. The alternative to Mr. Keller's sound recommendation is for you to call your PO immediately and explain your situation. If you delay and he has to contact you it will be worse.

3. Its hard to give odds in anything law related but I think if your compliant in all other areas and you are apologetic and accept responsibility with the PO they may not violate you if it was only one missed appointment. If it was more than one, well then you have an issue. As Mr. Keller said contact your attorney and ask him to intercede if necessary.

This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.

4. It is very difficult to assess your situation without all of the facts. The Franklin County criminal justice system is tough. You should consult with and retain counsel immediately.

The information provided in response to the question posted is not nor is intended to be legal advice. You should consult with and retain an attorney to review all of the facts of your situation. No attorney-client relationship is established through questions and responses on avvo.com

DUI topics