Can I go to jail for driving without a license?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Mckeesport, PA

My license was suspended in 2007 for dui. I paid all the fines and restitution. I have a letter stating that once I paid a restoration fee my driving privlages were restored. I never paid the restoration fee. Can they send me to jail for driving on a dui suspended license

1. Adam D. Zucker

Pro

4

1

Answered . Yes they can. Infact Driving under suspension DUI related, which is what this would be is punishable by a mandatory 60 days in Jail. Don't screw around with this, retain experienced criminal defense counsel, if all thats holding you up is the payment of a small resititution fee counsel may be able to help you get out of this. No guarantees of course but you really do need an attorney.

2. Joseph Alexander Paletta

Pro

Answered . If you are pulled over and charged with Driving on a Suspended License, DUI related, according to the law - there is a mandatory jail time associated with this offense. It is very important that you meet with an Attorney to discuss your case and the options you have as soon as possible.

Feel free to contact my firm to discuss your case. We have much experience handling cases such as these.

Joseph A. Paletta, Esq./ap

www.pittsburghcriminallawfirm.com
    aimee@lawyerpaletta.com

3. Andrew Joseph Edelberg

Answered . Yes. Your suspension remains indefinite unti you process your reinstatement.

4. Gary A Kester

Answered . Short answer to your question. Yes.