Can I go to court for being in a TN park after dark?

My sister, friend, and I were at a park and a police officer came around. He didn't get out of the car, and all we heard were muffled radio mumblings. Could he write down our license plate numbers and arrest/summon/charge us? We are underage. He never confronted us, but flashed a flashlight around park. It was around 9:30. Please help.

Clarksville, TN -

William Kevin Hodges

William Kevin Hodges

Criminal Defense Attorney - Smyrna, TN

You are not in any trouble if the officer never contacted you and got your information. If it was 9:30 then you weren't out past curfew.

Chase Ryan Brown

Chase Ryan Brown

Criminal Defense Attorney - Nashville, TN

No worries now. In the future keep in mind most parks usually have a sign posted which designates the opening and closing hours of the park. Remaining on the property after hours can result in a criminal trespass charge if you're not careful.

John M. Kaman

John M. Kaman

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Francisco, CA

If he didn't cite or arrest you there will be no record of the contact and you will not be going to court.