Can i go home to my country and go back here in us with conditional green card?

Asked over 4 years ago - Anaheim, CA

i overstay in us for almost 2 years with b2 visa, and the immigration inspector come to my house, told me that i need to go back to my country, they give me 14 days to go home, before 14days ends i got merried to us citizen and file my papers to uscis. now i had my green card for almost 1yr 3months. my wife is not going with me for vacation. can i go back to my country for 1 month and comeback in us without problems? with conditional greencard? and with that history? (overstay and immigration officer visit me to my house just talk verbally)

1. Answered . It is confusing as to if you are on tourist visa, or if you have a green card. If you have a green card, even a conditional one, then your past overstay is not an issue and you can travel abroad safely for up to six months. If you do not have a green card, you need to be very careful as you will likely be subject to a 10 year bar on reentering the US. If you are still confused, talk to an immigration attorney.

2. Answered . I think this may be a duplicate question submission -- Your conditional residency means that USCIS has forgiven your past overstay. You should not have problems re-entering the US, assuming that you don't stay abroad too long. Good Luck

3. Answered . Yes you can go home for a month with the conditional green card. Bear in mind that you cannot be out of the U.S. for 6 months or more at a time.

For more detailed information, you may contact an experienced immigration lawyer at Bogle & Chang law firm to confidentially discuss the case and how we can help. We handle immigration cases in all 50 states. Our law firm information is provided below.

Good luck to you.

Nikiki T. Bogle, Esq
    Immigration Legal Team
    Bogle & Chang, LLC
    Email: ntb@boglechang.com
    Phone: (800) 342-1733 ext. 101
    Web: www.immigrationlegalteam.com
    National Immigration Lawyers
    We handle immigration cases in all 50 states and foreign countries worldwide.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now