Can I go for re-stamping of US H-1B visa with 2 months remaining on current H-1B?

Asked about 1 year ago - Arlington, VA

My current US H-1B visa is valid until September 2013. I have a new I-797 approved for extension of stay (EOS) on H-1B. I'm traveling to Canada in July and wanted to go for US visa re-stamping. Wanted to know if I can get re-stamping done with 2 months remaining on my current H-1B?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes you can try if the employment is still ongoing. Call the embassy ahead of time to see if they would agree to take jurisdiction.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I don't see why not.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. Dinara Maylov

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes you can. Nonimmigrant visas can be stamped anywhere at a consulate.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now