Can I go for re-stamping of US H-1B visa with 2 months remaining on current H-1B?

Arlington, VA |

My current US H-1B visa is valid until September 2013. I have a new I-797 approved for extension of stay (EOS) on H-1B. I'm traveling to Canada in July and wanted to go for US visa re-stamping. Wanted to know if I can get re-stamping done with 2 months remaining on my current H-1B?

1. I don't see why not.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Yes you can try if the employment is still ongoing. Call the embassy ahead of time to see if they would agree to take jurisdiction.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. Yes you can. Nonimmigrant visas can be stamped anywhere at a consulate.